Does your resume need a tune-up?
Mine did; have you hear about new systems designed to look for keywords in your resume to figure out whether or not to toss or to keep! Scary, right? I did not know about the ATS’ being used by companies these days until I took a course that is designed to help those that either just graduated, or are looking for new opportunities for work.
What is ATS you may ask? Well, that can be answered in the course I will be sharing with you guys! I am honestly glad Allison, the founder of the course, reached out to me; because of her course I am getting emails back for jobs I have applied for!
I can’t share everything with you, it is mostly an experience you need to try for yourself, however, I can tell you about my experience and a little about the person behind it!
The course navigation was easy peasy! I didn’t run into any problematic areas, and the workbook sheets she provides via in course and google drive is pretty sweet. They were easily editable and I felt like they really contributed to my new found knowledge of job searching as a whole.
I used to be someone who would freak out about sending a resume because what if “it was too much”, “too little”, “too irrelevant”. This course definitely helped me through a process of erasing those thoughts out of my brain. I feel that I now have a resume that I can actually be proud of and have no worries sending to companies I am interested in!
Some information about the founder:
Allison Margaux created this course that has been accessed across the globe that is designed to help those that not only just graduated but also those who are on the search for new opportunities in the workforce.
More about Allison:
- Recovering non-profit turned corporate professional.
- Worked in the start-up world and was a college professor.
- Published writer –about foreign affairs.
- Has 4 degrees.
- Lived in 5 countries.
- Lived in 5 different states in the US.
- When not working as a career coach, you can find her on her mat practicing hot yoga and hiking.
Why she created the course…
“I’ve seen how much students and young professionals struggle when it comes to getting a job. After putting so much time and effort into their education, many still don’t have the skills to effectively tackle their job search. And, then they put all this effort into applying to jobs and can’t figure out why they aren’t getting interviews and offers. Honestly, it just made me really sad… I wanted to create a course that was relatable and helpful to make sure they have all the tools to go after their dream jobs. It was really important to me that the course covered the entire job life cycle. While students can purchase individual lessons too, the main course has the benefit of going through the entire process… It starts with figuring out what they want and are qualified for, and goes all the way through negotiating salary.”
More about the course according to the founder:
1) The full course is designed to get someone all the way through the job search process, from figuring out what they want and are qualified for all the way to closing the deal and negotiating salary.
2) The full course includes two times a month live office hours, so you get to ask questions.
3) For anyone just looking for a mini download of helpful information, there are 5 smaller courses available: Negotiating Salary, Resume Writing, Cover Letter Writing, Networking & LinkedIn, and Interviewing.
4) The full course has an add on of having Allison personally review their resume after the course and then go over it with them during a 30-minute Skype session
5) Anyone can benefit from the course, but it’s especially great for college students and recent graduates.
The snippet above is only a portion of my newly found resume! Seriously though, take my advice and take the course; it has helped me land quite a bit of interviews and definitely boosted my confidence!
Please go visit: http://millennialli.com/ for more!